IBB Event Space Reservation Request Instructions
Event Spaces in Petit Biotech Building
Suddath Seminar Room 1128
- Standard setup: 80 chairs, three food tables in back, two rows of tables in front of room.
- Max capacity: 100 chairs (theater style seating with no tables).
- Laser projector connected to PC in podium. Available HDMI/VGA connections for laptops. Two lapel and four handheld mics that can be used simultaneously. Only Zoom is supported for video conference at this time.
- 150 sq. feet of outdoor space (adjacent to Suddath Seminar Room and atrium), includes four round, 36” tables with four chairs each.
- Contact IBB event staff for space usage and setup options at email@example.com.
- The Nerem Atrium shares AV with the Suddath Seminar room. The Seminar room audio can be transmitted to the atrium including sound from PC and microphones. Video conferencing from the atrium is limited at this time. The PC in the room or wall connector in atrium can be connected to LCD projector mounted in atrium.
Event Space Reservations
IMPORTANT INFO for Events at IBB
- We encourage people and groups to reserve extra time before an event to set up (e.g. gain access to the space, set up AV, catering) and after for reset and cleanup after event.
- For any event with 100+ expected attendees, GTPD security must be requested by the hosting group for the duration of the event, per GT policy (approx. $160.00 for four hour minimum). *If this expense is prohibitive, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any event that will include alcohol, the hosting group is responsible for securing GT alcohol permissions prior to event. GT alcohol permissions event form here.
- GT preferred caterers must be used for any catering orders over $400, per event: complete list here.
- Event space requests are considered tentative until reviewed and approved by the IBB event staff.
- All events that take place in IBB spaces must follow GT event guidelines and policies.
- IBB events receive priority for these spaces and all other requests are reviewed based on availability and association with bioengineering and bioscience.
- IBB strives to be eco-conscious. Using compostable or recyclable serving ware for catering orders is preferred. Helium-filled balloons are not permitted in the building due to the global helium shortage.
Event Space Request Instructions
- Click the below link to "Request IBB Event Space," then click on “login in” at the top right of the screen and login using your GTID credentials. If not logged in, users will receive an error message when saving a reservation request.
- Use the center drop-down box to view all spaces or individually selected areas.
- Click on the desired event start time on the requested date to open the event request form. Be sure to include time needed for set-up and clean-up of your event.
- To select multiple event spaces at once within the form, hold down the Ctrl or Command key and highlight the desired spaces.
- Complete all fields in the form and select “save.”
- Event requests are considered tentative (and will show as "Awaiting Approval" on the event calendar) until reviewed by IBB event staff. Event staff will respond to requests within two business days.
- If confirmed, IBB event staff will follow up with additional instructions and update the reservation as “confirmed” in the calendar.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.