Thank you for your interest in our core facilities.
Here are the steps to getting started based on your user classification (Georgia Tech Internal, Georgia Core Facilities Partnership, External Academic, External Industry):
If you are a Georgia Tech employee, please register in SUMS, provide payment information in advance, and request consultation and training.
If you are a part of the Georgia Core Facilities Partnership Institution (University of Georgia, Emory University, Augusta University, Morehouse School of Medicine, Georgia State University, Clark Atlanta University, Mercer University), please click here to complete billing information. Once the information is completed and received, we will create a guest account and register you in SUMS. If you have any questions, contact Steve Woodard.
If you are an external academic or industry user, your process goes through the Georgia Tech Research Corporations (GTRC). Here are the steps:
- Please have your legal/sponsored programs team review the "GTRC IBB SSA - Special Terms or GTRC IBB SSA - no special terms" document. If in full agreement with the terms and conditions, we can expedite the process. If you have proposed changes, it will be an extended processes and one of our contracting officers will review and respond.
- In parallel, review and complete the document "Proposal Routing Form" starting in the yellow highlighted area entitled "Sponsor Data."
- One of our Georgia Tech IBB core facilities team members will assist you in creating a scope of work. This is a brief paragraph that describe the type of services requested, the number of samples, and other pertinent information.
- Based on the scope of work, the core facilities team member will create a budget for you including an overhead rate for external industry customers.
- Once you approve the budget, the data will be entered into our e-routing system, which manages the administrative side of the proposal.
- When everything is approved in e-routing (including negotiations and signing of agreements between you and GTRC), we will get an accounting (Workday) number for the proposal and we will commence with providing services.
Please contact Steve Woodard if you have any questions.