Chemical Analysis Testing
The activities of the Chemical Analysis Group range from routine testing services to research. Some specific areas of experience include machine deposit, evaporator scale and product contaminant chemical characterization; wood, pulping liquor, pulp and paper chemical analysis; product defect analysis; and methods development. To support this variety of analytical service projects the group employs numerous instrumental analysis techniques including gas and liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, infrared spectroscopy, emission spectroscopy and capillary electrophoresis. Classical wet chemistry techniques including titrimetry, gravimetry and calorimetry are also used routinely.
Available equipment shown below:
- High Performance Anion Exchange Chromatograph with Pulsed Amperometric Detector
- ICP Emission Spectrometer
- Capillary Ion Electrophoresis System
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph
- Voltammetry/ Differential Pulse Polargraphy System
- FTIR Spectrometer/ Microscopes
- Gas Chromatograph
- NIR Spectrometer
- Gas Chromatograph/ Mass Spectrometer
- Coulometric Titration System
- Autotitration System
How to Request Testing
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with details regarding the nature of the request, the tests required and the problem or issue that is to be resolved. Provide billing contact name and address.
- Samples via courier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) may be sent to the attention of:
RBI at Georgia Tech
500 10th St. NW
Atlanta, GA. 30318-5794
If sending by U.S., mail replace the ZIP code with 30332-0620
- A Purchase Order for an amount to cover the costs for the requested testing is required.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Bursar’s Office/A/C Receivable
225 North Avenue, NW
Lyman Hall, Suite #111
Atlanta, GA 30332-0257
A copy of the Purchase Order sent via fax to 404-894-4778 is requested.
- The sender should have the name of the appropriate RBI contact and phone number on their invoices/P.Os
- Receipt of samples coupled with e-mail detailing testing requirements and any background information initiates the generation of an internal project and officially starts the project.
- The work request is queued with others in order of time of receipt of samples. Work requests may be expedited under special circumstances.
- A report will be issued within the agreed turnaround time.
- Bills are sent separately by mail through the GT accounting system.
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS CONTACTS
Chemical Analysis Test Equipment
ICP Emission Spectrometer
High Performance Anion Exchange
Capillary Ion Electrophoresis System
High Performance Liquid Chromatograph
FTIR Spectrometer / Microscopes
Gas Chromatograph / Mass Spectrometer
Coulometric Titration System
Voltammetry / Differential Pulse