Bio LaunchPad Seminar
"Building a Regenerative Medicine Start Up Company – iTolerance, Inc."
Anthony Japour, M.D.
Chief Executive Officer
Note - due to space limitations, in-person attendance is limited to GT community members. Virtual attendance open to all.
*Register HERE to attend virtually
Dr. Anthony Japour has over 30 years of experience as a physician and as a biotechnology and pharmaceutical executive. He began his career as an MD, trained at Harvard Medical School with subspecialty training in Infectious Diseases, where he became an Assistant Professor of Medicine and was awarded the prestigious American Foundation for AIDS Scholar award, followed by research grants from the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, a NIH-NIAID K-11 Physician Scientist Award and NIH RO1.
Additional career highlights include:
- Joined the Abbott Laboratories antiviral drug development group where he was on the leadership team for the Phase 1-3 development team for KALETRA®, a blockbuster drug for HIV infection which received accelerated FDA-approval in record time as well as other HIV drug combinations;
- Oversaw multiple therapeutic areas including Immunology and Transplant products in Marketed Product Development at Abbott Laboratories;
- Consulted for and has been a thought leader for many pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, governmental and non-governmental entities, and numerous Contract Research Organizations;
- Long-time supporter of and active advisor for the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation in Miami and has played a role in advocating for FDA approval of allogenic pancreatic islet cell transplantation in patients with Type 1 Diabetes;
- Involved with over 20 publications and over 100 abstracts;
- Appointed to the Board of Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp I in April 2021 and;
- Served as CEO of AdvancedDx Biological Laboratories-USA, a next-generation diagnostic sequencing company.
Dr. Japour, holds a B.S. from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and an M.D. from Northwestern University Medical School.