Talent for Net Zero: Career Perspectives from the Drawdown Ga Business Compact
Come hear what your potential future employers are doing to tackle climate action in the state of Georgia. Discuss current initiatives in sustainability in a “speed networking” session with lead industry members. The is event is sponsored by The Ray C. Anderson Center for Sustainable Business, The Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain, RCE Business Engagement and The Net Impact professional and Georgia Tech MBA chapters.
The event is held in tandem with the Drawdown Georgia Business Compact. The Compact is a statewide business consortium aimed at achieving net-zero carbon emissions within the state of Georgia by 2050 and is facilitated and managed by the Ray C. Anderson Center for Sustainable Business. The Ray C. Anderson Center for Sustainable Business seeks to empower the leaders of tomorrow to create sustainable businesses and communities. We do this by acting as a catalyst and connector, bringing together students, research faculty, companies, and entrepreneurs to create an environment where business-driven solutions to sustainability challenges can take shape and thrive.
The Compact (currently 42 companies strong — and growing) leverages the collective impact of the Georgia business community to achieve net zero carbon emissions in the state through a just, competitive, and sustainable transition.
· (5- 5:45p) Panel with Compact Members , moderated by Net Impact MBA members
- Nell Fry, consultant in Sustainability and Net Zero Transitions at Accenture Strategy
- Liz Minne, Global Sustainability Director, Interface
· (6:00- 6:45p) Tabling/Speed Networking (Company members sit at tables and students come around to chat)
· ( 6:45- 7p) Wrap up
Main Questions that the Event is addressing:
- What are companies doing to address Climate Change?
- What are the skills, what are the goals that climate conscious employers are going to to be hiring for?
- What are the Climate conscious employers offering for employment?