Six Named to National Academy of Inventors
Dec 12, 2023 — Atlanta, GA
Six Georgia Tech College of Engineering faculty members are among the National Academy of Inventors (NAI) 2023 Class of Fellows. The honor is the highest professional distinction awarded solely to inventors.
No other university or organization in the world has more honorees this year than Georgia Tech. The group of six holds more than 200 patents.
- Farrokh Ayazi, electrical and computer engineering
- Maohong Fan, civil and environmental engineering
- Christopher Jones, chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Wilbur Lam, biomedical engineering
- Susan Margulies, biomedical engineering
- Karthikeyan Sundaresan, electrical and computer engineering
The Georgia Tech engineers are among 162 worldwide inventors honored in 2023. According to the NAI, “their work spans across disciplines and exemplifies their dedication and inspiration to translating research into commercial technologies that benefit society.”
The 2023 class will be honored in June at the NAI annual meeting.
Jason Maderer, College of Engineering Director of Communications