SERV@GTRI PACT Act Information Event
Sep 13, 2023 —
On Sept. 26, the SERV@GTRI ERG will host a Veterans Administration (VA) team and VETLANTA to talk about impacts of the PACT Act and how they might benefit some of our veterans or families of veterans. The primary purpose of this event is to assist Veterans in filing claims at the event.
At the event will be teams from the VA from both the Health and Benefits groups as well as the Georgia Department of Veterans Services, all focused on action for you. The event will be held from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
This is not just an information session; it is meant for you to come in and get your claim processed with the VA team from Atlanta.
The PACT Act, signed into law August 10, 2022, expands health care eligibility to several groups of veterans who may not have been eligible before.
The new eligible groups include:
- Veterans who participated in a toxic exposure risk activity (as defined by law) while serving on active duty, active duty for training, or inactive duty training.
- Veterans assigned to a duty station in (including airspace above) certain locations during specific periods of time on or after:
- August 2, 1990, in Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar,
- Saudi Arabia, Somalia, or United Arab Emirates
- September 11, 2001, in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Egypt,
- Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Uzbekistan, or Yemen, or
- Any other country determined relevant by VA.
- Veterans who deployed in support of:
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Resolute Support Mission
The event will take place from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at GTRI Headquarters (250 14th St, Atlanta), Rooms 119A, 119B, and 119C.
VETLANTA is a club operated exclusively for veteran social and business networking and community service purposes. Its mission is to make Atlanta the premier community in the country for veterans and their families to work and live.
Useful Information About the PACT Act:
(Interim) Director of Communications