Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute Begins Search for New Executive Director
Mar 24, 2022 — Atlanta, GA
The Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute (GTMI) has initiated a search for a the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director provides intellectual leadership and organizational oversight for GTMI. This person will build the manufacturing research portfolio of Georgia Tech by serving as an advocate for research engagement with companies, state and federal government agencies, and other entities within Georgia Tech. As a service-oriented leader, they work with researchers and staff to develop collaborations and initiatives; proactively prepare and coordinate preparation of major research grant applications; build communities of interest across campus; cultivate thought leadership; educate key stakeholders and prepare the future workforce; increase the profile of Georgia Tech and its research community; and otherwise attract research partners to Georgia Tech.
GTMI's mission is to convene industry leaders, government partners and top researchers to collaborate on the grand challenges facing the U.S. manufacturing industry today: accelerating technology development and deployment, creating quality jobs, ensuring global competitiveness, and advancing economic and environmental stability. GTMI moves innovations from the lab to the market, spanning the entire innovation value chain, from raw materials and recycled resources to prototypes and finished products. These efforts include the development of materials, systems, processes, education, and policies that impact the manufacturing marketplace.
Nominations and Applications
All nominations should be directed in confidence to the search committee chair or any member of the search committee. To access the application:
1. Log into OneUSG. You will land on the Employee Self Service Page.
2. Select the Recruiting Self Service Tile, then go to the Recruiting Self Service Page.
3. Click on ‘Apply For Jobs’ tile, then Click on ‘View all jobs’ option.
4. At the top in the search bar type ‘240914’ and press enter
Interested candidates would submit the following application materials:
1. A cover letter not to exceed two pages that summarizes the candidate’s qualifications, includes a brief statement of their vision for GTMI, and articulates their commitment to DEI initiatives
2. A curriculum vitae
3. The names and contact information for three references
While applications and nominations will be received until the Executive Director is selected, interested parties are encouraged to respond by April 4, 2022 at 9 am EDT, to assure full consideration.