Supporting Successful Scientific and Technological Innovation
Georgia Tech serves as an incubator for both leading-edge energy research and economic development. Georgia Tech has emerged as one of the world’s leading IP producers of many disruptive and transformative technologies for the energy industry. There is virtually no area where Georgia Tech does not have world-class competency across the energy value creation. Notable examples of Georgia Tech research giving rise to successful startup companies include:
- Carbice, developed a carbon nanoparticle based heat dissipation material.
- Climate Forecast Applications Network (CFAN), a hurricane, tropical storm, and wind energy forecasting tool.
- emrgy, an engineered materials company focused on dramatically improving energy storage.
- Innovolt, manufacturer of back-up power supplies for critical assets.
- Plum Combustion, a low-emissions combustion technology company.
- Quest Renewables, designer and manufacturer of high-value solar panel racking systems.
- RideCell, an automated fleet management system.
- Sila Nanotechnologies
- Smart Wires, developer of power electronics systems to maximize the resilience and capacity of electrical transmission infrastructure.
- Suniva, a high-efficiency mono-crystalline solar cell manufacturer.
Georgia Tech research is available for commercialization. The Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) is responsible for licensing all of the intellectual property developed at the Institute. Through technology transfer, OTL ensures that the Institute maintains its strong partnerships with the public and private sectors to assure that the results of research are widely disseminated.
View Technology Available for Licensing
SEI offers a Tech Transfer mentoring program for Georgia Tech faculty and students who are interested in bringing their energy technology to market. Led by SEI Innovation Fellow, Suresh Sharma, a former GE executive with over 25 years experience in bringing technology to market, this program aims to help researchers become entrepreneurs. Resources offered as a part of this program includes:
- 1 on 1 consultations
- Office hours
- Venture Capital days
For more information contact Suresh Sharma.