Robotics Careers & Internships
Dorabot [www.dorabot.com]is a local robotics company actively seeking interns for a program that involves students in a full industry production cycle, with industry grade robotic applications, and hands on engagement in their lab. Interns should submit their applications directly to Ms. Devon Clifford, Technical Recruiter (US) [email@example.com]
Honda Research Institute Fall 2021 & Winter 2022 Internships
Honda Research Institute USA has multiple internship openings for Fall/Winter 2021 in the following categories.
- Machine Learning for Novel Gas Sensors (Job Number: P20INT-26)
- Learning and Control Research (Job Number: P20INT-27)
- Path Planning and Lane Selection Research (Job Number: P20INT-45)
- Human Factors for Next Generation Mobility Interfaces (Job Number: P20INT-28)
- Vision and Language Navigation (Job Number: P20INT-29)
- Interaction with next generation mobility (Job Number: P20INT-30)
- Human Behavior Modeling (Job Number: P20INT-35)
- Biomechanical Simulation of Human Movement (Job Number: P20INT-42)
- HMI Engineer (Job Number: P20INT-43)
- Intention Estimation for Teleoperation (Job Number: P20INT-31)
- Visuotactile Perception and Deep RL for Contact-Rich Robotic Manipulation (Job Number: P20INT-32)
- Robotics Controls Software Engineer (Job Number: P20INT-44)
- Domain Adaptation and Video Style Transfer (Job Number: P20INT-36)
- Visual Understanding of Traffic Scenes (Job Number: P20INT-37)
- Video Captioning in Traffic Scenes (Job Number: P20INT-38)
- Human Action Understanding (Job Number: P20INT-39)
- Multi-agent Relational Reasoning in Driving Scenarios (Job Number: P20INT-40)
- Human Pose Prediction (Job Number: P20INT-41)
- Prototyping engineer (Job Number: P20INT-46)
Please refer to our careers website (https://usa.honda-ri.com) for a complete list of available positions. All inquiries must include the Job Number(s) in the subject line and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line including the job number(s) you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter
- Topics you are interested in (Optional)
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.
None at this time
The Multi-Agent Autonomy Group at JPL
JPL is working on several projects to demonstrate autonomy capabilities on a multi-agent system (robotic and spacecraft) in support of the future NASA exploration missions. The researcher will work closely with JPL autonomy experts to develop and mature multi-agent autonomy enabling technologies that address the current challenges in deploying such systems for scientific exploration purposes. A successful candidate will work with JPL technologists and scientists to devise novel coordination, estimation, information sharing, and control algorithms that enable a team of agents to collaboratively explore our universe. Candidates are expected to perform literature review, algorithm development and simulation, analysis of the results, and report results in scientific publications and technical reports.
The Multi-Agent Autonomy Group at JPL is looking for exceptional candidates for both post-doctoral and full-time positions. U.S. person status is not required, although many projects are only accessible to U.S. citizens.
Desired skills include:
- Hands on field robotics experience
- Strong C++/Python coding skills
- Multi-agent architecture and behavior design
- Distributed estimation, world model building, knowledge sharing
- Distributed task recognition, allocation, and scheduling
Please direct your resumes/CVs and questions to Gail Woodward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amir Rahmani (email@example.com)
Dorabot [www.dorabot.com] is a local robotics company hiring for multiple roles ranging from Systems Support Engineer, Project Engineer & Robotic Software engineers. They are looking for students who are finishing undergraduate, or are in their graduate programs, in Computer Science, Electrical OR Mechanical Engineering focusing on Robotics. PHD candidates are also encouraged to apply for Researcher Scientist roles also available. Applicants may review the job description by logging on the Careerbuzz portal and searching Dorabot. The posting may also be found on their website's career page at: https://dorabot.com/careers
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Seeking Post-Docs
The US Air Force Research Lab Munitions Directorate, RW/Advanced Guidance is looking for talented post-doctoral scholars to work on a variety of problems related to robust guidance, navigation, and control (GNC), and sensor optimization. Positions are open to US Citizens only.
- Robust GPS-denied Single and Multi-agent (Cooperative) Navigation\
- Information-Based Collaborative Estimation and Control
- Unconventional Distributed Sensor Optimization and Integration for Robust Agile Flight Control=
Sandia National Labs Seeking Engineers & Post-docs in Wearable Robotics
Sandia National Labs' Organization 06533 Unmanned Systems & Autonomy R&D, specializes in autonomous operations of unmanned systems, advanced controls, miniature mechanical design and fabrication, advanced drive system development, and the human/machine interface. We advance security by providing next generation unmanned systems and autonomy solutions. We have established leadership in this field through capabilities such as active, autonomous perception, distributed control of heterogeneous systems, real-time control of dynamic systems, miniature mechatronic design and fabrication, and advanced human-machine interface R&D. With state-of-the-art facilities and the creation of an exoskeleton testbed, equipped with advanced robotic and biomechanical test equipment, we are a key government resource in the evaluation of wearable technologies for worker safety. The department conducts numerous active research development, and application projects for a variety of customers, both internal to Sandia and across the national security establishment and collaborates heavily with partners across Sandia. The department is one of five in the Autonomy & Unmanned Systems Group within the Weapon and Force Protection Center.
The postings can be viewed at https://www.sandia.gov/careers/
Search for these posting IDs:
- 677487 – Early-career staff position in robotics, with preference for experience with wearables and/or biomechanics.
- 677488 – Postdoc with focus on biomechanical research for wearable robotics applications
Both positions require US Citizenship.
2021 Post-Doc Positions in AI/ML for Healthcare at University of Houston and Rice
Two postdoctoral positions are available for an exciting collaborative project between the University of Houston (Computational Biomedicine Lab - CBL), Rice University (AI/ML Lab), and the Texas Children's Hospital, a leading research pediatric hospital at the Texas Medical Center.
The position entails innovative research in the field of AI/ML with applications to Healthcare. The candidates will be part of a vibrant and pioneering team (scientists, clinicians, postdocs, graduate students). They will have the opportunity to develop and evaluate AI/ML methods applied to clinical problems. Highly motivated and creative individuals with a recent Ph.D. in a computational discipline, first-author publications in top conferences and journals in AI/ML and/or biomedicine, and a strong drive for research are encouraged to apply. To succeed in this position, the applicant needs to be goal-oriented, self-sufficient, with the ability to work independently and in groups, in a fast-paced research environment."
Full application and pre-reqs available here: