Oak Ridge National labs for GT Students
GT-ORNL Seed Grant Program
Applications are now being accepted for the inaugural GT-ORNL Seed Grant Program for Georgia Tech PhD students and postdoctoral researchers. Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL) is the largest multi-program science amd energy laboratory of the U.D. Department of Energy, located in east Tennessee, about a 3 hour drive from Georgia Tech. Based on its longstanding partnership with ORNL, Georgia Tech has the opportunity to offer seed grants to qualified PhD students and post-docs to further research collaboration with ORNL.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled PhD student or currently employed post-doctoral researcher at Georgia Tech
- For PhD students, must be in good academic standing
- Applicants must have endorsement of Georgia Tech advisor and current or future ORNL collaborator
Up to $4000 to be used for the purchase of small equipment items, materials, supplies, research services (e.g., access to instruments at GT or ORNL), and travel directly related to the research project. Funds must be expended within one calendar year of award date.
ORNL Led Opportunities for Students
Enhance your expertise and collaborate with many of the nation's leading science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), experts as you complete your research. Opportunities are available for current undergraduate, Master's degree and Ph.D. students to participate as members of research teams at ORNL. Application deadlines vary by program. Click the links to learn more about each opportunity.
Graduate/Post-doc Innovation Crossoads Cohort
Innovation Crossroads will accept application for Cohort 6 beginning September 21 through October 31. Participants selected for Cohort 6 will receive:
- A two-year fellowship – Including personal living stipend, plus a health insurance stipend and travel allowance.
- Lab access and research funding – In addition to unparalleled access to facilities, equipment, and expertise at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, fellows receive R&D funding to support collaboration opportunities with researchers across the lab.
- Business mentors, entrepreneurial training, and networking – Participants receive access to experienced business mentors, entrepreneurial training programs, and exclusive networking opportunities. Innovators are also exposed to a wide range of leaders from academia, industry, government, and finance that can serve as advisors and partners.