Christos Athanasiou is an Assistant Professor at Georgia Tech's Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering, leading the Daedalus Lab. The lab's mission is to advance science and technology in biological and man-made systems for tackling grand social and environmental challenges with a major focus on energy storage, environmental remediation, and sustainable space exploration. Christos holds a Ph.D. in Photonics from EPFL. Initially, he carried out postdoctoral research at Brown University's School of Engineering, and later jointly at Brown University and MIT Media Lab.
Georgia Institute of Technology
- Structural Mechanics & Materials
AE Multidisciplinary Research Areas:
- Large-Scale Computations, Data, and Analytics
- Mechanics of Multifunctional Structures and Materials
- Space Exploration and Earth Monitoring
- Sustainable Transportation and Energy Systems