Distinguished External Fellow
The Strategic Energy Institute and EPICenter are excited to welcome Andrea Pinabell as a 2023 External Fellow. Andrea will be working primarily with our EPICenter Director, Joe Hagerman, on the expansion of publicly-facing energy related knowledge and information, including hydrogen (with GTRI) and direct air capture of carbon dioxide (with the College of Chemical Engineering). This is primarily intended to expand the reach and opportunities across the HBCU and technical college network system (in close coordination with the EVPR’s office).
In addition, Andrea will work to explore the development and implementation of an urban design center focused on net zero low-income housing first within the English Ave corridor on Atlanta’s westside which is in early discussions with the College of Design, the award-winning GT solar decathlon team, and westside neighborhood partners including the Westside Future Fund and ANDP. All external fellows will help SEI and EPICenter bridge industry and academia in both a strategic and tactical manner to help GT have outsized impact.
Andrea is well known on the Georgia Tech campus and has been involved in multiple activities across campus. A few highlights include:
- A member of the Strategic Energy Institute’s External Advisory Board for three years
- A member of the Ray C Anderson Center for Sustainable Business Advisory Board for four years
- Led the Swarm outreach and learnings from the Kendeda Building construction and launch highlighting the innovation coming from the construction sub partners.
- Participated in the founding and launch of the RCE Greater Atlanta
- Partner in Drawdown GA research and subsequent launch of Drawdown GA Business Compact
- Frequent speaker across campus on sustainability-related topics