Elektrofi, Inc. is a biologics formulation startup focusing on the subcutaneous delivery of proteins. We deliver ultra-high concentration doses of proteins using our proprietary microparticle technology. This technology will expand access to biologics by replacing the traditional hours-long intravenous infusion required for most proteins with a rapid subcutaneous injection that can be performed at home. This is your chance to get in early on a game-changing technology. We are headquartered in Boston, MA. [www.elektrofi.com]
Elektrofi is looking for a Senior Scientist I/II to join a team responsible for the development of platform formulations for Elektrofi’s proprietary microparticle production process. The Senior Scientist I/II will play a key role in the development of its biologics formulation platform. This individual will join an early-stage, multidisciplinary team of scientists and contribute to a variety of formulations activities in a highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate(s) will:
1. Design, execute and analyze hypothesis-driven studies to further refine Elektrofi’s platform;
2. Develop appropriate scaled-down models for stability assessments;
3. Identify and develop novel characterization methods that further inform formulation development;
4. Conduct root-cause investigation analyses;
5. Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency needed to meet critical corporate objectives;
6. Create and manage method protocols, data, and reports.
It is anticipated that strong candidates will possess:
1. a Ph.D. (0 to 2-year experience) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Medicinal Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Engineering or a related field;
2. formulations experience with biologics;
3. experience with high concentration protein formulation development and UF/DF cycle optimization is highly desirable;
4. strong scientific ideation skills and resourcefulness in testing related hypotheses;
5. an ability to think critically and constructively in a fast-paced research environment;
6. knowledge of statistical methods and design of experiments methodology;
7. sharp laboratory acumen and organizational skills;
8. a demonstrated proficiency in effective written and oral communication;
9. In addition, demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas of research is highly desirable:
a. Strong grasp of pharmacological concepts and a fundamental understanding of drug product development.
b. Characterization and development of stable solid-state and/or suspension drug products, preferably protein therapeutics.
Additional relevant skills and attributes include:
1. Ability to work independently and in multi-disciplinary teams;
2. Strong demonstrated problem-solving skills;
3. Attention to detail and the ability to thoroughly document experimental work;
4. Familiarity with standard office software (MS Office, Teams, SharePoint, JMP).
If you have an interest in changing patients’ lives with disruptive biotechnology, please apply at email@example.com.