As a robotics engineer intern in the Multiply Labs team, you will apply your technical skills to write software code to integrate and control a variety of microprocessors, sensor devices and robotic equipment used in automated systems involved in the manufacturing of novel pharmaceutical products.
Our engineering-focused work environment provides in-house access to a wide range of robotic equipment for prototyping, experimenting and hands on testing of software code along with personalized workstations, and multiple workspaces that foster creativity and collaboration.
This position may also involve the selection, testing, and documenting the performance of electromechanical actuators, controls, sensors, and microcontrollers.
Key Technical Requirements
- Proficiency with Python for robotic control, simulation, and data analysis.
- Familiarity with microcontroller integration and control of complex mechanisms, machines or robotic systems.
- Familiarity with basic DC circuits and wiring practices.
- Experience using hand tools, and test instruments.
Teamwork Skill Requirements
- A self-starter comfortable working in a fast paced technically challenging startup company environment.
- Very organized, and detail oriented.
- Able to handle multiple project and task assignments simultaneously.
- Able to clearly express your ideas and details of their work in meetings, team presentations, white board brainstorming sessions, and in various technical documentation.
Additional Qualifications – Considered a plus
- Familiarity with machine vision cameras, lighting, and software for barcode reading and feature detection.
- Experience with ROS in an academic or industrial applications.
- Experience programming with C/C++.
- Familiarity with Ubuntu, Git, AWS tools, Docker, or packaging code.
- Experience designing and modeling with 3D CAD software.
- Familiarity with programming collaborative and or industrial robots in their native programming environments to perform basic automated tasks.