Morehouse College is one of the nation’s top Historically Black Liberal Arts Colleges located in Atlanta, GA. With a student body of 2,000 minority male students, Morehouse College is known for its rigorous curriculum in science and mathematics preparing students for graduate and professional schools.
Professor Juana Mendenhall is seeking to hire a postdoctoral fellow at Morehouse College in the Chemistry program to study the effect of oxidative stress on biomaterials used in tissue engineering Interested applicants are required to submit their application materials for consideration to Dr. Juana Mendenhall (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a one-year, renewable postdoctoral position in Tissue Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Cell biology, as a launching point to an academic career.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) postdoctoral fellow will be charged with managing research projects for multiscale 3D tissue engineering, biomaterial development and characterization, understanding the cell biology in complex tissue engineering. S/he/they will provide direct support and mentorship on tissue engineering research projects while being mentored by Professor Mendenhall at Morehouse College and faculty at Cornell University in the department of biomedical engineering.
Interested candidates should have a strong materials/mechanical and biomedical engineering background including 3D bioprinting, mechanical testing of materials (biological materials preferred), tissue culture, and finite element modeling. Candidates must have a strong interest in working with undergraduates/graduate students and possess excellent communication, management, and team science skills.
• Ph.D. in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other related fields
• Broad knowledge of engineering, biology, physiology
• Experience in finite element modeling and other computational techniques • Ability to effectively communicate scientific information
• Experience in cell and tissue culture
• Experience in rheology and mechanical testing
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Experience in experimental design, experimental execution, and data analysis
• Experience with tissue culture and 3D biomaterials
• Experience in mentoring lab members and supervising the work of others
• Working knowledge of microscopy platforms (optical, fluorescent, atomic force, and scanning electron)
• Track record of peer-reviewed journal articles
• Experience in multiscale characterization of biological materials