Cardtronics is a global growth company expanding ATM management and cash access for all. As the world’s largest ATM operator, Cardtronics employs its substantial scale and innovation advantages to deliver more transactions to every ATM, to enhance consumer convenience around the corner and across continents, and to enable financial institutions to focus on their customers while Cardtronics manages their far-flung ATM operations.
The Data Analytics team at Cardtronics is looking for talent to build a world class analytics organization. We are building a work class team of data analysts, business analysts & data scientists with strategic, analytical, quantitative and modelling skills to solve complex company challenges and improve the way we operate, each day every day.
To be successful in this position, a candidate’s specific skills include, but are not limited to:
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues from Sales, Operations, Product, Finance and others to understand their domain, processes and come with solutions for their problems and tools to make their day to day operations efficient and effective
- Strategic and Analytical Orientation: Experienced in decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking for framework creation combined with strong quantitative orientation to solve complex problems with rigorous analytics and monitoring
- Strong Technical/Programming Skills: Orientation to & ability to code in languages such as SQL, Python, integrate structured & unstructured internal & external data sources to create user interfaces, adept at building visualizations using UI tools
- Strong Communication Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with skills to influence and drive agreement through intellectual, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Execution Focus: Build and manage execution plans of business intent, requirements, execute against the strategy and monitor results
- Results Focus: Focused on achieving short- and long-term goals. Able to drive and execute an agenda in uncertain, fluid environment with minimal supervision
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Tenacious decision maker able to bring healthy, aggressive yet responsible approach to business
Highly motivated individuals will be selected for a 12-14 week (with a possibility of a performance based extension) Analyst Development Program for Cardtronics. The selected candidates will work on a well-defined project with clear goals that will require a combination of analytical, technical (programming), quantitative & strong communication skills. The focus areas will be within the Data Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Science needs relevant for Cardtronics business growth while providing immense opportunity to learn and grow. Project definition:
- Build technology driven data products
- Build a Data Product that integrates multiple data sources internal (transaction data) & external (FDIC, Census, others) & enables value added visualizations in order to pinpoint high growth markets for business expansion. Leverage leading edge technologies (Web, API’s) and programming (Python, R, others) and integrate with existing Geospatial map tools such as ESRI & Sales Force for the Product build out. The Product will marry supply side of Retailers, Financial institutions and the Demand side of high growth market areas to laser into best profitable locations to expand the Cardtronics ATM footprint. Utilize sophisticated data mining and programming skills to enable visualizations on Geospatial maps, other UI tools and drive training for such with the Sales team.
- The right candidate will be self-motivated and have a “Product Maker” mindset in approaching the internship. Strong conceptual thinking to understand the business and ability to grasp analytical & technical concepts
- The candidate will work directly under the supervision of a Manager with expertise in the area for supervision in defining project goals, milestones and deliverables through the duration of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Software Engineering, Data Science or related fields
- Strong SQL and Python programming skills
- Knowledge of relational databases - design, modelling, debugging, and query optimization
- Knowledge/Experience with Unix-based systems and shell scripting
- Knowledge/Experience utilizing Web Scraping tools to extract data from websites
- Knowledge/Experience building data pipelines using a combination of tools – REST, XML, JSON
- Strong new data technology orientation with new coding languages/open source databases
- Proficiency in version control/SCM
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Pivot tables, vlookup and complex formulae in Excel
- Recent graduate or graduating in 2021
- Experience with Geospatial tools such as ESRI, specifically ArcGIS for Python
- Experience with Azure Pipelines
- Knowledge of Salesforce and experience building integration applications
- Experience in building out Web Interfaces and applications integrating data from disparate sources
Interested candidates please reach out with your resume to Kimberly Green (Kgreen@cardtronics.com), Corporate Recruiter.