We are excited to announce a new award from the Georgia Tech Office of Technology Licensing: GT NEXT. This award is granted for innovative ideas brought forward by graduate students and postdocs and aims to acknowledge and support commitments made to research and development.
The GT NEXT award aims to promote innovative ideas, and all graduate and postdoc students are encouraged to take this opportunity to showcase their research, further their development and innovation, and contribute to the betterment of society.
The deadline to submit an application is June 15, 2023. Award recipients will be announced on July 15.
Applicants must submit new invention disclosures, along with titles or ID numbers and have at least one year of experience in their respective fields.
- GT NEXT $5K project awards will be directly awarded to the individual
- Project updates must be provided six months post-award
- Successful applicants may also be asked to present their work at the end of the term at Tech Meet, an event that offers researchers the opportunity to present their technology.
- Allowable costs include instrument use fees, materials and supplies, and customer discovery.
- Non-allowable costs include salary, large equipment acquisition costs, travel for the purpose of presenting research results, graduate tuition or post-doc salary, and any overhead or F&A.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.