Alpha Wave Global is seeking to hire an intern to join our Alpha Wave Ventures team, with a focus on the healthcare sector, including biotech therapeutics. This is a full-time and paid 10-week internship hosted at our NYC offices for the summer of 2022. There may be flexibility for the role to begin immediately (spring and summer), and the potential for the role to be remote, depending on the candidate.
Alpha Wave Global is an alternative investment firm founded in 2012. Alpha Wave Ventures is deploying $10bn+ in capital from our second venture fund. The firm is headquartered in New York City with additional offices in London, Abu Dhabi, Tel Aviv, Bangalore and Miami. The firm offers diverse investment strategies that cover multiple asset classes, themes, and geographies. These include public equity and private equity, specifically venture capital and growth equity, as well as a financial center joint venture with a leading sovereign entity.
This internship reflects our current interests and addresses themes in healthcare, biotechnology, and areas of convergence between healthcare and other industries (tech, consumer, agri/food). The intern will learn how to, and be tasked with, critically reviewing literature and data, synthesizing the information into a thesis, and clearly presenting their work back to the team. The work is highly immersive within a collaborative team.
The ideal candidate is either a PhD/post-doctoral candidate from a top-tier university nearing degree completion, or early-career industry scientists and MDs.
- Gathering information and critical reviewing data from scientific literature, medical conferences, company filings and other publicly available sources
- Attending company management meetings
- Conducting company due diligence including with expert calls, data analysis, mapping of the competitive landscape and IP analysis
- Assisting with the presentation of investment ideas to internal investment committees
- PhD or post doc candidate in Biology/chemistry-related discipline or PharmD
- Interest in the biotechnology industry and investing
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
Location: NYC with option to be remote (depending on candidate)
To apply, send the following documents (PDF format) by April 07, 2022, to email@example.com
- Cover Letter - Highlighting any recent innovation in healthcare or biotechnology you find interesting and why you are interested in the role
- Availability for this spring and summer