SCIENTIFIC POSTER PRINTING REQUEST GUIDELINES
Who can print to the color plotter?
IBB's color plotter is currently a FREE service in support of our community members' research and educational activities. The plotter is not available for personal or private use, and all printing requests must be submitted for review by the IBB administrative staff.
What else do I need to know before I print?
- Poster printing requests must be submitted no less than 48 hours (two business days) before the poster is needed by the requester. If a request is submitted less than 48 hours before the poster is needed, the support staff cannot guarantee the printing will be complete at the time that is requested and you will be notified. If you need a poster printed with less than 48 business hours notice, you may consider the alternate poster printing resources on campus that may be able to accommodate a last-minute request:
- BME Poster Printing Service
- Library Multimedia Studio Large Format Plotter Printer
- Paper and Clay
- FedEx Office Prints & Posters
- One copy of a poster may be printed for a single event.
- If an error is found on the poster after the initial printing, one reprint will be performed. Reprints are also subject to the 48 hour rule.
- Use of solid-color backgrounds on whole posters, or sections of posters, to be printed are not permitted. We reserve the right to decline requests to print any poster with unnecessary/excessive color backgrounds as these saturate the plotter paper, diminishing the quality of the finish, and require significant additional toner/expense. Colored backgrounds are only permitted on photos, charts or any other pictures which require the background.
- NOTE - the below logos are not permitted for use on scientific posters. Some are only to be used by specific GT entities, such as the President’s office or Athletics, and some are simply outdated and no longer authorized for use - see permitted GT logos. Use of these logos will require the requester to resubmit a revised poster. Need a copy of the IBB logo? Email us.
- All files must have at least a 1/2 inch margin set around the entire document. Note: setting the page width of your original document at 35 inches to achieve the 1/2 margin does not give you the desired margin. It is best to set one dimension to 36 inches and then make sure you leave white space of 1/2 inch on all sides of your poster.
- An email will be sent to the poster requester by an IBB staff member when the poster is available for pickup at the Petit Biotechnology Building front desk.
What can I print?
Only posters for Georgia Tech-related activities will be printed.
What size can I print?
The plotter can print up to 36 inches wide (3 feet).
What are the ideal dimensions for posters to be printed?
For the best results, the original document of the poster should be created in the actual dimensions of the desired poster size. The plotter paper is 36 inches wide, so ideally one of the dimensions of the original document should be 36 inches. Please note that we are not able to custom-cut posters. If you submit an image/document with dimensions that are all less than 36 inches, you will need to cut the poster yourself.
What format can posters be submitted in?
All files must be submitted as PDF's (other submitted file formats will be declined).