Office of Research Development
The mission of the Office of Research Development at Georgia Tech is to support development of large-scale research funding proposals.
We provide strategic guidance as well as practical support for development of large, complex proposals.
- Guidance on strengths and gaps relative to funding opportunity and sponsor goals
- Development of project framing
- Preparation for conversations with agency officials and agency visits
- Management of proposal checklists and timelines
- Facilitation of productive meetings that include decision making and task assignment
Proposal Content and Review
- Development of templates outlining proposals responsive to the solicitation and review criteria
- Review and editing to strengthen key components of proposals
- Management of internal and external reviews
Our support packages are tailored to the needs and resources of the investigator team and depend on capacity of the office at the time of request. We coordinate with other campus resources (unit and central) to help ensure timely submission of strong funding proposals.
We support large-scale research proposals that typically include:
- Engagement of teams that span institutions and disciplines
- Formation of a center or institute with multiple functions
- Proposed budgets greater than $1 million per year
Please contact Dr. Rebecca Terns at email@example.com as early as possible in the proposal development process to inquire about support.